My Time at Portia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- You can always use another furnace/crafting station.
- You can turn 1 hardwood into 5 wood at the workbench, which increases the fuel value considerably.
- Crystal is needed in large amounts by the end game, but if you plant a crystella tree or two early on you'll have plenty.
- Commissions, especially the big ones on Friday, are the major source of money.
- Having your birthday towards the end of the year is a good way to get a bunch of presents in year 1 if you've been talking to people and fulfilling orders.
- Becoming friends with someone gives you a relationship bonus with everyone else they love. Its especially funny when you befriend one of those 7 brothers and it sends off a massive relationship bonus cascade.
- Don't sell your ore. You need an absolute metric fuckton of it throughout the game.
- Always have furnaces running. Carbon steel is something you can never have too much of. That shit is used in damn near everything.
- If you are looking for a specific item and you can't find it just do the gold missions. Everything will eventually open up.
- None of the important quest are missable. All those commissions that expire after a day or so are randomly generated, you lose out on nothing except for the reward if you fail to do them.
- After fixing McDonald's stable, you can rent a horse. The price is very cheap considering that it speeds up travel times significantly.
- There's no need to spend time looking for missing relic pieces until you've upgraded your scanner twice.
- After some time a guy called Mint arrives to Portia. Getting two relationship points with him gives you a mini-drill which is a really good mining tool.