Jump to navigation Jump to search
- There is no autosave, so make sure to save often.
- When you first get to the city, grab some healing items from the convenience store to make an early boss fight easier.
- You cannot permanently miss anything, eventually you can switch between protagonists and time of day at will.
- Making the right choices in sidequests earns you better rewards, but you're not locked out of anything critical even if you goof around.
- You can make a variety of fun weapons with crafting, but it's not necessary for beating the game.
- The clown near a shrine offers free and powerful DLC items, separate for both characters.
- Don't take on Mr. Shakedown without saving first unless you're very confident.
- To get new arcade games, max out the friendship meter of the arcade lady within the SEGA arcades, one in each city.
- When given the choice between black and white boxes as Kiryu, the better reward is in the black one.
Combat, Abilities & Equipment
- To use a weapon you've bought or found, first equip it from the menu and press "down" in combat to take it out.
- Heat actions are very context-sensitive, and a lot more weapons than you'd think have unique animations.
- To get strong enough to have a master teach you new moves, you need to have unlocked an ability space next to one of the locked 'M' spaces.
- Remember to make use of weapons and equipment but make sure to check their effects too, some might have effects you don't want like attracting more fights.
- Businesses are a much better source of money than random enemies so don't bother grinding the latter.
- Kiryu can hire many people you encounter in substories as managers later by talking to them, usually outside of your office.
- Often if there's a business you can advertise in or purchase that has a character with a friendship bar in it, you need to max out that friendship bar first.
- A sidequest unlocked after a major plot beat in the business awards Kiryu with an item which highlights sidequests on the map.