Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The first upgrade priority should be cancel points. These max at three and are how you cancel the animations of your moves into specials and dodges.
- Trap enemies in corners to demolish them, this works really well with the first character's rapid special.
- Monster souls are extra characters you can flip between with your main character. HP is remembered for each character when you swap. Don't forget to use them if things get hairy.
- You capture souls by filling your mana bar and performing the attack it prompts. Anything hit by the blue orb will become a soul after it dies. Be warned that you have to hit a minimum level to capture most souls which you can find out by using the mana attack on an enemy. Damn near anything, including boss characters, can be captured.
- The black & white stages are chances for you to get a monster soul for free; if you beat the stage, you get that monster's soul. If you had one already, it swaps out and you can swap it back in if you liked your old one more.
- Another fact about the black & white rooms is that your base character will also give you a full heal. Don't be afraid to burn potions in these if the soul/free heal works out in your favor hp-wise.
- You can only hold so many potions, so choose carefully or use stuff when you find new potions.
- You can buy camp tokens and set them in those hero altar things to set a respawn point for when you die. Better tokens let you respawn more times.
- To unlock the third character, you need to go to the middle room and donate 25,000 gold to the fountain.