Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- You'll see a number of fields on the map, large square areas. If you go to a red one, you'll get a bar up the top that will decrease as you kill enemies in that field. Once it depletes, you'll either take the field or summon the boss of the field, which you have to kill. Taking grey fields is as easy as flying into them, so try to grab them up at the start of a round.
- Taking fields and killing named characters are most important because they modify the bars in the top-right of the screen. This is the battle gauge and indicates the strength of the two armies; it gets modified by events or fields you've taken, and a portion of it is used up when named characters (including you) get respawned after death. Once the bar is depleted to 50%, the enemy HQ will shut down base defences and become much easier to take. Once the bar is depleted to 0%, the boss will appear.
- Taking fields also grants various effects and allows more of your own troops to spawn. Some will offer the ability to fast travel to other areas, others will power your troops up, etc. Taking the enemy's HQ will cause the boss of the level to appear regardless of where the battle gauge is.
- You are pretty much going to carry every battle on your own. Keep an eye on the radar for red dots in the middle of your territory, in which case you should probably abort what you're doing to go slaughter the enemy general that's kicking in your fields.
- You can cancel out of normal attacks, and out of charge moves if they hit, with a dash. From this dash you can then go into a different attack string, which you can also cancel out of into another dash, and so on and so on until you're out of booster.
- If in doubt, choose from the Tutorial Missions first; they're near the bottom on the mission list and the first several are devoted to hammering explanations home.