Eador: Masters of the Broken World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The strategic game rewards aggressiveness. As the time goes on, your opponents research and hire more and more bigger and stronger guard units, so the faster you can win a map the better. Treat an enemy capturing a nearby province not as "oh they took it, so I can't go there, that's where the border is" but as a chance to strike while they're still weak. At the very least, if you wish to enjoy exploring and stuff in peace, you can capture the provinces around the enemy capital and surround them with your best guard units.
- Enemy heroes will annoyingly run away when facing a superior force, but they can't run away when they're sieging. Set up Forts, with at least 1 cheap unit in the garrison, as "hero traps".
- Ranged units on hills shoot 1 hex further. Units in forests take only 50% damage from ranged attacks. Units in swamp take more damage.
- Knight is perhaps the strongest hero class all around, especially early on. You can level up defense to make yourself pretty invulnerable to early game low tier units. Rangers have utility and are pretty good at killing enemy heroes. Mages are best with good gear and spells, Commanders are best with large armies later.
- You can kill dragons pretty easily with a level 10 Scout/Sharpshooter. Level penetration and double shot at level 10, preferrably use a crossbow, fill your army with level 1 Healers as meatshields. You'll kill the dragon easily for great loot. Dragon cults are significantly harder though.