Betrayal at Krondor
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- You can explore pretty much the whole world in the first three chapters. It gets constrained more for a few chapters before opening back up again. Use the opportunity!
- Most chapters can be completed really quickly, but nearly the entire game world is open to you right from the start. Look around, explore, talk to people. Just save often in case you wander into something too tough for you to handle.
- A particularly good time to explore is chapter 3, once your characters are a bit tougher and you've got the spyglass magic item.
- Don't buy weapons and armor full price. Either buy them from the shop that sells them worn (Arms of Dala, north-east section of the map) or use your enemy's.
- You should be repairing every single weapon and piece of armor that you stumble across the whole game in order to get your repair skills up.
- There is a lot of important information in the manual.
- Always examine rations when you pick them up to make sure they aren't spoiled.
- Try not to let people fall in battle, it'll take days or weeks of medical attention to get them back on their feet.
- Your fighters need HP much more than your casters do; a lot of spells auto-succeed even if the caster is badly injured, whereas the penalties for injuries will render fighters completely helpless. In particular, don't be afraid to blow a lot of stamina/HP on Gift of Sung to keep your fighters alive.
- Debuffs and buffs are really good in this game. Starting out, Despair thy Eyes is your bread and butter spell and can keep 2-3 enemies completely locked down for the entire fight. Later on, you'll get items that let you flame, ice, or poison your weapons, and you can get them blessed at temples - do all of this. Melee fighters are there to kill things; casters are there to keep the fighters on their feet and the enemies off balance.