Devil May Cry 5
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- You're forced to use certain characters for certain missions the first around, so try to get decently good with all of them.
- V's big full-charge summon is horrible, pump the ones for powering up the bird and the cat instead.
- The charging dash attack move V can unlock for Griffin does way more damage than you think it will or should.
- Nero's robo hands can be found literally all over the place. Feel free to buy some, they are cheap, but do not be afraid to use them in-mission for fear of breakage. There will be more.
- Hold the robo hand activation button for a special attack. This includes things like GIANT FUCKING LASER BEAMS, which are actually really good.
- V is braindead easy, and the birds dive attack is relatively cheap and deals damage that is completely out of line with other options.
- You will get lower score ranks with Nero, the game expects you to make use of all of his mechanics at all times whereas just slaming x gets you triple S with V. This is also partially because nero doesnt get all his moves until basically the very end of the story/NG+
- As always, prioritize doublejump on all characters
- There is a mission where you play as V and must refight three bosses in any order you chose with each fight giving you pack one of his companions. Save the center one for last (its the second boss you fought as nero that flies around). Its not because its harder, but because V has a hard time hitting enemies in the air even with his full moveset and god help you if you go in there first and pick nightmare as the first partner to revive.