Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In battle, always check what the enemy can do before you decide what you want to do (you can click at the top of the screen to see their abilities).
- Builds that care about numbers of dice are generally more consitent than those that care about specific dice values, since splitting dice is easy and almost always results in a +1 in dice value.
- If you would split a 1, it instead splits into two 1s. This creates an exception to the "value builds are unreliable" tip, since splitting actually synergizes well (though this is mostly useful for the thief).
- Shield is conserved across turns, which generally makes it more useful than an equivalent amount of healing.
- Don't rely too hard on either freeze or shock. They're powerful, but there's one boss immune to each, and freeze in particular can either completely shut down a monster's strategy, or end up enabling it super hard. Burn is a good source of additional consistent damage, but is less effective against monsters that can just choose to not use some of their dice. Blind is almost completely useless against enemies, but there's no enemies that can punish you for using lock (and only one immune boss, IIRC.)
- Rushdown is tempting, but unless you can go infinite or practically-infinite, tanky/survivability builds are almost always better against bosses.
- Don't settle too hard into a particular build until about midgame, since you never know what kinds of enablers you might find in chests or the shop.