Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Use missles/consumables often.
- Don't be afraid to upgrade your gear (but keep in mind your upgrades are locked in for your current run).
- To get in locked doors, you need an access key which can be obtained by killing "elite" fighters (represented by a skull icon); they are one time use items that persist through your current run (i.e., you don't have to use it in the same area/sector you find it in). If you ever get offered a chance to "bypass" the locks for the rest of your run at a special upgrade centers, take it; it's easily the most valuable limited-time upgrade.
- Beam laser mk3 is pretty much the best weapon.
- Focus on credit/loot chance percentage upgrades before anything else (except maybe movement speed).
- Try to pick off drones before engaging fighters/Corvettes.
- Don't be afraid to run and hide behind some asteroids while your shield is popped/recharging.
- Finally, if something goes horribly wrong in an area, don't be afraid to save & quit before you die. When you reload, you'll restart from when you entered the area.