Final Fantasy IX
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- It's worth holding on to older equipment until everyone who can has learned the abilities from it. It's also not worth selling any of your older equipment, since some of it may be required for synthesis / crafting later on in the game.
- Stealing from bosses can be very handy for getting equipment early and for free, but nearly everything you can steal you can also buy later. Two bosses, Hilgigars and Tantarian, have 1/256 steals which are absolutely not worth the effort without the Master Thief ability equipped.
- Letting Freya win the Festival of the Hunt in Lindblum nets you a handy accessory which is likely to be more valuable than the gil you get by winning it as Zidane.
- You don't need to bother with Tetra Master if you don't enjoy it, it doesn't provide big in-game benefits like Triple Triad did in FF8. Just keep cards with the most arrows for the tournament late in the game.
- Save up all gemstones for friendly monsters except the ugly cat.
- The auction house in Treno randomly prices junk that could be resold and bought back at a lower price.
- When the story takes you to Esto Gaza relatively late in the game, make sure to buy Vivi's Octagon Rod for Firaga/Blizzaga/Thundaga.