Just Cause 3
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The ability to aim more precisely is locked behind the gear mods system for some reason. Travel to Soros south of where you start and do the Handgun shooting challenge to unlock it. There's lots of other things that are neat in that system but that's the one that's really basic.
- Destruction challenges can be really irritating when it's Machine Gun, boat (unless you have the Corvette) or grapple based. Luckily if there's a tank or helicopter lying around the challenge area, you can use those in the challenge. If you can get a five star rating in Boat Frenzy with the little dinghy, God bless you but I just hopped in the Apache.
- Vehicles you haven't collected yet have a blue gear icon next to their respected name (bottom left side of the UI).
- On the Gear Mods menu, hovering over/ moving the selector over a gear mod at any depth in the tree will show you how many gears it'll take to unlock, both as a number (on the right and bottom) and as a percentage bar of the total gears in the game (bottom). This is helpful if you're agonizing over not 5-starring every wingsuit challenge right away, for example.
- The first tip, for precise aim, is a great ability but Soros is really out of the way. Rush the story missions until Mission 5 (Friends Like These) where Fast Travel is unlocked. Additionally, I believe that the end of Mission 4 (A Terrible Reaction) places you in Soros very close to the shooting challenge.
- If you have the Season Pass or just the Sky DLC, rush to get the jetpack upgrade to the wingsuit. It really improves the game in a major way, even without any gear mods. The Mech DLC is also fun and the Assault Cannon Mech as a rebel drop is fairly quickly come by, but is not nearly as important as the jetpack.