Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The primary way to get resources is trading with townspeople, and the items they want are often found in trash cans. Try and search every one you can find. Trades favorable to the NPC will raise your reputation in the area slightly.
- Kids tend to have the best items, and they will trade in exchange for nuts and anything sharp (due to a town rule that kids cannot own anything sharp)
- Shmowders are sometimes sold by kids, they require a lot in trade but they are far cheaper than the items they are a replacement for. Get one if you can when you see them, you'll find a use for them later.
- You will get a daily quest, make sure you get it from the hospital *before* you do anything to ensure your actions count for it. It's very easy to lose track of time and forget about the quest entirely.
- A lot of the language and background of the game will seem strange and arcane because it is intentionally written as if you are from the area and already know what all those words means and who these people are, because the PC is a guy from the town returning from afar. You're going to be confused, just roll with it and you'll pick up what you need over time.
- The medicine you use is going to be made from plants you find out in the steppe, these are both valuable on their own and useful for said drugs. There is someone in town who will offer you a lot for them, so if you find yourself with any relatively free time then wander out and look for some. They make a buzzing sound.
- The more medicine you have to use on yourself, the less you have for the town. Try to avoid getting hurt, and ten times over try to avoid getting the plague.
- There may come a time when a man on a stage offers you a deal. Don't take it, no matter how desperate you are.
- As a member of the surgeon caste you are given a special right by the town that allows you to perform surgery on bodies. This means that the cash value that you can get from a corpse doesn't stop at what is in their clothes. Doesn't mean the townsfolk will be happy about it, though.
- Most of all, just don't give up. Pathologic is a game about having no resources, and you're going to be starving and watching people dying around you for the whole game. There's no avoiding it, so just do your best. Not everyone is getting out alive unless you are extraordinarily lucky.
- Herbs can be found during the day by listening for an audio cue, like buzzing. During night herbs give off light that makes them easy to spot
- Opening infected containers will cause immunity to decrease greatly. They can be identified by looking for rust coloration on the drawers.