Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- As one of the NPCs reminds you, make sure to buy a map before leaving town.
- Magic Jams tend to be a bigger bottleneck than gems when it comes to buying things, so don't hesitate to pick up a few potions as they help a lot.
- Some later obstacles can't be cleared without each of the three basic spells. One optional bit also requires the second level upgrade to the Fireball.
- The Pike Ball spell can be toggled on and off at will and is easily the strongest of the three spells, to the point that its final upgrade removes most challenge from the game especially if you rush it first.
- The first dungeon boss is quite sturdy, but also very vulnerable to lightning.
- After clearing the first dungeon, you can earn a free 100 gems from an NPC blocking your way in Pumpkin Fields west of town. Another "free" 100 gems can also be earned earlier by attacking the Chef Girl's puppy after returning it to her.
- While the first run through the mid-game Battle Tower is mandatory, clearing it a second time awards a Magic Jam and all subsequent times 150 gems each.
- The Import Room only exists to give you some free gems if you own at least one of two WayForward's previous DSi games, Mighty Flip Champs! or Mighty Milky Way, or for costume swaps in the iOS version.